Seth Carroll focuses his practice on representing clients and their families who have suffered catastrophic on-the-job injuries, other serious injuries, or death. He also represents those who have been discriminated against or deprived of their constitutional rights. Seth has tried to verdict or settled numerous personal injury, discrimination, and workers’ compensation cases. He has successfully represented his clients against companies of all sizes, including large multinational corporations.
In addition to handling a large number of catastrophic cases, he has administrative experience in the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, and the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission. Seth has litigated cases at all levels of Virginia state court and has litigation experience in federal court in both the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia. Additionally, Seth has experience in appellate work at both the Virginia Court of Appeals and the Virginia Supreme Court.
“We’re fighting for workers and injured people. We have an experienced and incredibly eager group of people with a lot of drive. If you are looking for a lawyer who is passionate, smart, driven, and ready to work around the clock to get what you need—this is the firm to choose.”
Seth is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States and whose membership is limited to attorneys who have won million dollar verdicts and settlements. He also is an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and has lectured at legal conferences on topics ranging from employment discrimination to workers’ compensation.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (life member)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
Notable Case Results
- $1,500,000 recovery in a premises liability case (This was a lawsuit against a multinational company on behalf of a Virginia client who sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident on black ice. The defendant contested both liability and causation.)
- $200,000 recovery for a Virginia worker who suffered a serious back injury at work
- $175,000 recovery for a Virginia worker who suffered serious injuries to multiple body parts at work
- $135,000 arbitration award for a plaintiff injured in a motor vehicle collision
- $80,000 jury verdict for a plaintiff injured in a motor vehicle collision
Settlements and verdicts necessarily depend on many different factors and circumstances unique to each case. Past results are in no way a guarantee or prediction of similar results in future cases.