Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are aircrafts piloted by a remote control or a computer. Guidelines state that these model aircrafts should be flown a sufficient distance from populated areas. Yet, for every thousand miles of drone flight, there is an accident, making this unmanned aircraft 100 times more likely to crash than a manned aircraft.
Did YOU know:
- A drone crashed into the Louis Armstrong Stadium in New York at the US Open. The seats were empty at the crash site.
- A small UAV landed on the grounds of the White House in Washington, D.C. in the pre-dawn hours. President Obama and the First Lady were out of the country.
- A small UAV was crash-landed on a street in downtown Glens Falls, New York. No one claimed it.
- A small military drone crashed in the Neuse River about five miles from its base at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point in Havelock, N.C.
- A small UAV photographing a Memorial Day parade in Marblehead, Massachusetts hit a building and fell, striking two spectators.
Geoff McDonald & Associates (GMA) is one of Virginia’s first law firms staffed by drone lawyers who can come to the defense of those injured by a drone or unmanned aircraft.
If a drone accident occurs, what can happen? Innocent bystanders can suffer serious injuries from impact, accidents, explosions, and falling debris. At GMA, our drone lawyers have experience in helping the injured receive the compensation and support they deserve. It’s what we do best.