All of us here at Geoff McDonald & Associates believe in the importance of automotive safety equipment. Driver or passenger, front seat or back, always remember to wear your seatbelt. Make sure to properly install car seats and booster seats, and always strap children in securely.
When purchasing a new car, take the time to research the safety ratings for the cars that interest you. See how different vehicles perform in crash tests, which focus on the following areas:
- Airbag deployment
- Vehicle glass
- Roof strength
- Rollover prevention
- Tire quality
- Headrest positioning
- Vehicle structure.
The quality of any of these components can mean the difference between life and death in the event of a crash.
Airbags have been in the news a lot lately as we have discovered that some airbags have serious defects. Even worse, manufacturers are illegally hiding these flaws, putting the public at risk. Airbags can save your life when they function correctly, but defective airbags can end up doing more harm than good.
If you believe an airbag defect contributed to your injuries in a car crash, you want a lawyer who understands motor vehicle product liability. At Geoff McDonald & Associates, we have expertise in vehicle safety and product defect claims, including defective airbags and restraint systems.
We are not afraid to take on automobile and parts manufacturers responsible for airbag defects including:
- Faulty Crash Sensors: Causing airbags to inflate unnecessarily, inflate too late, or not deploy at all
- Improper Inflation Path: Dangerous designs extending horizontally
- Overly Powerful Inflators: Many are still in use
- Lack of Internal Tethers: Tether straps help the bag to inflate in a safer flat pillow
- Failure to Crash Test with Range of Dummies: Manufacturers often fail to test how airbags would affect passengers of different statures.
Our Firm has been protecting injured motorists for over 25 years. We have the experience and resources to hold manufacturers accountable and to help individuals who have been seriously injured due to defective airbags.